I wanna talk to you about FOG. That’s Fats, Oils and Grease, shortcake. Fats, Oils and Grease are real destructive, see. Did you know FOG is the No. 1 cause of nasty sewer backups and overflows? Don’t pour fats, oils and grease down the drain. Put a lid on it instead.
• • •
Here’s some facts you may not know about FOG:
• True or False? Dishwashing liquid dissolves FOG.
Incorrectamundo, my friend.
• True or False? The garbage disposal breaks up and gets rid of FOG.
Wrong. It still clings to the pipes and causes damage.
• FOG causes about 40% of all sewer stoppages.
• Hot water keeps FOG liquid for a while. However, it cools and hardens somewhere in the pipes.
• If the FOG clog forms in your home’s plumbing, who pays? You do.
• • •
So pour Fats, Oils and Grease in a can and put a lid on it, kid. And be cool like me by keeping FOG outta your pipes.